Ever since maybe 2000, around 13 years old, I’ve been watching what I eat and exercising regularly, to varying degrees. But it wasn’t until late 2013 that I started explicitly bodybuilding. And I love it. Here are 5 Unexpected Things I Love About Bodybuilding.
I’ve had a few people asking what my diet and training is like since I started putting up pics from Lightning in a Bottle. You’ll be surprised how simple it is. A lot of this is about what I DON’T do.
First, I’m going to lay it out for you, so you can see how surprisingly simple it is. Then, I’ll expand on each of the points further down.
- I get at least 80g of protein per day, usually close to 100g.
- I don’t worry about other macros.
- I don’t count calories.
- When I’m bulking, I eat as much as I can until I’m very full, but not until I’m stuffed.
- When I’m cutting, I eat as little as I can until I’m a bit hungry, but not until I’m starved.
- I have milk and a big meal after my workouts. Otherwise, I don’t follow a meal timing or frequency plan. I eat when I wanna.
- I take 3 supplements: Vitamin D, Creatine, and ZMA. I’m mindful of Omega-3, but I eat fish and eggs rather than supplements.